Enrolment form (in zone)
All enrolments will be from within our enrolment zone.
Please use the enrolment forms attached, or contact the school office.
Any questions or queries can be noted on the Expression of Interest form, found in the Contacts section of the website.
Current Wigram Primary School Enrolment Zone introduced 1 Feb 2018
All students who live within the home zone described below and shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
Including both sides of boundary roads unless stated otherwise.
Proceeding in a clockwise direction;
- From the intersection of Springs Road and Main South Road,
- North east along Main South Road (southern side only) to Symes Road,
- East on Symes Road to Hayton Road,
- North then east on Hayton Road to McAlpine Street,
- East on McAlpine Street to Jipco Road (including addresses 1-2 McAlpine Street),
- South on Jipco Road to Parkhouse Road (including Tenahaun Place),
- North on Parkhouse Road to Treffers Road (including 53-59 Parkhouse Road),
- South on Treffers Road to Wigram Road
- South west on Wigram Road to Aidenfield Drive (including Musgrove Close),
- South on Aidenfield Drive to the Christchurch Southern Motorway,
- West along the Christchurch Southern Motorway (north side only) to Halswell Junction Road
- North on Halswell Junction Road to Springs Road,
- North on Springs Road (east side only) to Neill Street,
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Out of zone enrolments
Each term the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following term for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone (if any). The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will state how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
The order of priority in which applicants who live outside a school’s home zone are to be offered places at the school is as follows:
- first priority This priority category does not apply at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary. (This category does not apply to Wigram Primary School).
- second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school:
- third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school:
- fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school:
- fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school:
- sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
Map of Enrolment Zone available – at Wigram Primary School, Wigram Primary website.
Ballot Dates 2019 – These dates have been set, but it is unlikely that there will be any places for out of zone enrolments for 2019. Please contact the school o4n 3497 325 to check.
Out of Zone Enrolment Dates
Ballot closes Enrolment for: Enrolment from
|Wed 27 Feb 2019||Term 2, 2019||Mon 29 April 2019|
|Wed 29 May 2019||Term 3, 2019||Mon 22 July 2019|
|Wed 7 Aug 2019||Term 4, 2019||Mon 14 October 2019|
|Wed 25 Sept 2019||Term 1, 2020||TBC: Jan/Feb 2020|
Enrolment Scheme Map for Wigram Primary